Our volunteers help us with many important jobs at the sanctuary. Volunteering at Crown Ridge Tiger Sanctuary is a great learning opportunity and can be a very rewarding experience as well. To become a volunteer please read over the following information carefully. If you are interested in volunteering at Crown Ridge please download volunteer application.
Orientations are held several times throughout the year for new volunteers. Although previous experience is helpful, it is not required for any of our volunteer positions. Once you have completed an orientation, you will receive additional training for your specific area.
Volunteers interested in working in Animal Care and Tour Guide areas are required to complete 48 hours of volunteer time in the Level 1 areas before advancing to Level 2. We also require a minimum of 4 hours of volunteer hours per month.
Level 2 volunteers will receive training on the proper procedures to safely work around our animals as well as spend time shadowing to learn how tours are conducted and how to successfully run the gift shop.
What can volunteers do?
Office Support/Gift Shop:
Office Support Volunteers help with the everyday responsibilities such as answering the phone and filing paperwork. Office Support Volunteers may be called upon to assist in our gift shop on weekends. Office Support Volunteers also help with the general housekeeping duties at the sanctuary.
- Skills required: basic computer knowledge, grammar/punctuation; attention to detail
Marketing and Fundraising Volunteers will help develop and carry out fundraising and marketing strategies. They may also help with various special events.
Collecting items to create and construct enrichment for animal use. Such as: fire hose and paper mache`
Construction Volunteers help with an assortment of construction and grounds maintenance tasks which may include: mowing lawns, weed eating, building games or enclosure improvements.
- Skills required: none. Although carpenters, mechanics, plumbers, and electricians are always appreciated.
Animal Care Volunteers help with the daily care of the animals including feeding, watering, and cleaning the enclosures. They also assist in the implementing new enrichment for our animals
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Minimum time commitment: at least one four-hour shift per month (preferably 8:30a.m. – 12:30p.m.)
- Skills required: must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather
Tour Guide Volunteers assist us with giving general tours of our sanctuary to groups of all ages. They provide visitors with information about the animals at our sanctuary, our history and our conservation goals.
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Minimum time commitment: at least one four-hour shift per month
- Skills required: Must be able to conduct a 45 minute walking tour. Must be comfortable speaking to groups of people. Must be able to handle cash and credit card transactions accurately.
- Additional training on leading tours will be provided.